Don Phediuk
Junior
Junior
My place: Rome IT
I LIKE: all dogs

How to train my puppy to stop jumping up

Postby Don Phediuk

hello!
I have a 5 month male old puppy he thinks that it is ok to jump up on the dining room table to grab food.

He only does this when my kids are eating at the table by themselves he won't even try when my husband or I are sitting with them.

Every time I catch him in the act I yell NO at him and push him off as fast as I can, how i suposte to train him to stop jumping up?

How to train my puppy to stop jumping up
Thimothy
My place: Topeka USA

Re: How to train my puppy to stop jumping up

Dogs Forums
What a dog I got, his favorite bone is in my arm.

Dogs Pictures
Smart Puppy
The Neighbors Horror
The Neighbors Horror
My place: Puppies Land

Postby Smart Puppy

He probably does it because every time he gets some food. Who could ressist those puppy wet begging eyes? Feeding him in this situation is a form of affection and he will never stop doing it. So stop giving him food when he is begging for. Don't worry, if u feed him regularly he is not starving at all. They just want to try everything that smells good.

Teach him the sit trick. When you sit at the table tell him to sit on the floor and give gim a dog treat. Do it every time he is trying to jump and steal some of your food. This should work. Good luck!

Dogs Forums

I WANT www.smartdogs.info

Dogs Pictures
Travel Boy
I'm so strong ...
I'm so strong ...
My place: China
I LIKE: mutts

Postby Travel Boy

Show him more affection and accompany so that he may not be aggressive and be polite. This will make him friendly with you.

I LOVE www.smartdogs.info

Dogs Forums
Donald
My place: Paris FR

Don Phediuk wrote: hello!I have a 5 month male old puppy he thinks that it is ok to jump up on the dining room table to grab food. He only does this when ...

How are you, Don Phediuk ! Maybe, but not sure ... My dog makes noise when reading this. Maybe I can help you... but later

Dogs Forums

General Dog Discussion Dog Health Problems Dog Training Tips Dog Behaviour Dog Nutrition Dog Breeds Dog Accessories