Junior
Junior
My place: Rome IT
I LIKE: all dogs

how to train my puppy not to jump up

Postby Don Phediuk

hello!

How train puppy not to jump up?

I have a 3 month old puppy have trained to sit, stay, come, go to kennel etc, but do you have any ideas on how to train him not to jump up on people besides telling me to buy a dog training book?

I am looking for specific ideas that worked for you.

how to train my puppy not to jump up
Robert
My place: San Francisco USA

Re: how to train my puppy not to jump up

Dogs Forums
A watchdog is a dog kept to guard your home, usually by sleeping where a burglar would awaken the household by falling over him.

Dogs Pictures
Dog Kuna
The Neighbors Horror
The Neighbors Horror
My place: Puppies Land

Postby Dog Kuna

It is very important that you have already trained your 3 month old puppy to sit, stay, come, go to kennel etc. Now your wish is to get the ideas on how to train him not to jump up on.

Some think that a dog jumps usually because he wants to come up to the same level as us. It is important to stop a dog from jumping because this does not suit well with his behavior.

Dogs Forums

So you can start training your dog by this way:

To begin to stop a dog from jumping, make sure that every time the animal does it, you look away and refrain from eye contact. Then, Command your dog to sit, and reward with a treat if he obeys. The aim is to let the dog know that he will be rewarded if he avoids dog jumps when greeting. This may bring success!

There are some books available written on the detail about stopping the jumping up of the dog. You may read this too!

I PREFER www.smartdogs.info

Dogs Forums
Kriss
My place: Stirling UK

Don Phediuk wrote: hello!How train puppy not to jump up?I have a 3 month old puppy have trained to sit, stay, come, go to kennel etc, but do you have ...

Hey man, Don Phediuk ! Honestly, I dont really know what to say. Sorry. Dogs are so special. Now I have to go. But I ll return soon.

Dogs Forums

General Dog Discussion Dog Health Problems Dog Training Tips Dog Behaviour Dog Nutrition Dog Breeds Dog Accessories