Don Phediuk
Junior
Junior
My place: Rome IT
I LIKE: all dogs

How to train my puppy his name

Postby Don Phediuk

hello !
My puppy is housebroken and doesn't cause much trouble at all, but he doesn't recognize his name yet.

He's 14 weeks old and I've had him for about 4 weeks. I've been training him daily. It took a while, but just calling him by his name and nothing else like puppy or little one.

How do I train him to recognize his name?

How to train my puppy his name
Jamie
My place: Paris FR

Re: How to train my puppy his name

Dogs Forums
A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.

Dogs Pictures
Smart Puppy
The Neighbors Horror
The Neighbors Horror
My place: Puppies Land

Postby Smart Puppy

Hey there!

Choose a moment when your dog stays still and you have his full attention. Take a treat in your hand and say his name and "yes" and give him the treat. Exercise like this daily for few minutes. After a while try to do the same thing when he is not paying attention.

At some point your dog will associate the sound of the name with the treat. You can use a leash at the beggining in case he doesn't pay attention to you at all and gently pull the leash towards you after saying his name.

Don't use her name when you punish him because he will associate it with a bad thing.

Dogs Forums

I ADORE www.smartdogs.info

Dogs Forums
Mark
My place: Rome IT

Don Phediuk wrote: hello !My puppy is housebroken and doesn't cause much trouble at all, but he doesn't recognize his name yet. He's 14 weeks old and ...

Whazzup, Don Phediuk ! I belive you, my friend. My dog makes noise when reading this. I will search the Internet. I promise.

Dogs Forums

General Dog Discussion Dog Health Problems Dog Training Tips Dog Behaviour Dog Nutrition Dog Breeds Dog Accessories