Don Phediuk
Junior
Junior
My place: Rome IT
I LIKE: all dogs

How to train my puppy not to hump

Postby Don Phediuk

hi!

How young can you train a male puppy not to hump?
I have dog and he's only just 3 months and is doing this a lot!
Mainly to our older dog (also male) but also once to a female dog on a walk. As he's so young will it be a dominance issue?

Not sure what to do, i must train him not to hump.. any advice ?

How to train my puppy not to hump
Damien
My place: London UK

Re: How to train my puppy not to hump

Dogs Forums
It s no coincidence that man s best friend cannot talk.

Dogs Pictures
Dog Kuna
The Neighbors Horror
The Neighbors Horror
My place: Puppies Land

Postby Dog Kuna

Your 3 month old puppy doing a lot of the practice of humping. Humping is a subject that even seasoned dog owners hesitate to discuss perhaps because it can seem to be a hard habit to break. As your puppy nears 3 months, it's likely that he'll start humping objects and people.

You need to know that if your puppy is spayed or neutered, this is most likely not a sexual act. In the dog world, it is also used to signal power and rank and your pup is most likely trying to assert dominance. This is true for both male and female dogs.

Dogs Forums

To get rid of the problem you can do this. If your puppy isn't neutered or spayed, consider doing so. Besides many behavioral and health benefits, it will help curb this behavior. Again the thing is, the more a dog is exercised, the less likely he is to hump. If the humping is obsessive, your vet may recommend a medication. This calms your puppy and reduces libido.

I PREFER www.smartdogs.info

Dogs Pictures
Travel Boy
I'm so strong ...
I'm so strong ...
My place: China
I LIKE: mutts

Postby Travel Boy

If your dog is not neutered , make him neutered in a moment and see that this problem has run away!! Yes this works!

I PREFER www.smartdogs.info

Dogs Forums
William
My place: Glasgow UK

Don Phediuk wrote: hi!How young can you train a male puppy not to hump?I have dog and he's only just 3 months and is doing this a lot! Mainly to our older ...

Hi, Don Phediuk ! Be a little more explicit, please. Perhaps there is a solution to your problem... We find the solution, certainly.

Dogs Forums

General Dog Discussion Dog Health Problems Dog Training Tips Dog Behaviour Dog Nutrition Dog Breeds Dog Accessories