Junior
My place: Rome IT
I LIKE: all dogs

How to train my puppy to shake hands

Postby Don Phediuk

hello

How to train my puppy to shake hands?
I have a five month old lab
. . great dog so far. He picked up potty training & 'sitting' pretty easy but I have had a hard time moving onto other things like 'stay' & 'shake hands' . . anybody got any tips for training a dog..

Thanks!

How to train my puppy to shake hands
Donald
My place: Cairns AU

Re: How to train my puppy to shake hands

Dogs Forums
Never judge a dog s pedigree by the kind of books he does not chew.

Dogs Pictures
Smart Puppy
The Neighbors Horror
The Neighbors Horror
My place: Puppies Land

Postby Smart Puppy

Hey there!

It's easy to train your dog to shake hands. Take a small treat in your fist while the dog sits in front of you and offer him your hand. He will put his paw on your fist. Maybe at the beggining he will just sniff it, but in time he will use his paw. When he does this give him a treat with the other hand, not the one you keep in your fist. Try doing this many times. Do not open your fist unless he gets used doing this. Try to open your fingers a little more every day and start using the verbal command that you want ("shake", "shake hand", "give me your paw" etc.)

After a while you will reduce the frequency of treats. I know it takes time, but success is guaranteed. :RP
Dogs Forums

I WANT www.smartdogs.info

Dogs Forums
Gary
My place: Sidney AU

Don Phediuk wrote: hello How to train my puppy to shake hands?I have a five month old lab . . great dog so far. He picked up potty training & 'sitting' ...

Whats up, Don Phediuk ! I m not sure about that ... My dog makes noise when reading this. Waiting for other opinions.

Dogs Forums

General Dog Discussion Dog Health Problems Dog Training Tips Dog Behaviour Dog Nutrition Dog Breeds Dog Accessories